Go Gold for Maddie Grace

Alicia Rae and Maddie Grace Warrior Princess

Alicia Rae and Maddie Grace at her ten-teenth birthday party
Photo by: Christa Covert Photography

 

I had a kinda crappy afternoon yesterday.  I was all worked up about something… I opened my phone looking for a distraction on social media and saw a picture of Maddie Grace on my timeline.  I took a deep breath and instantly felt better.

Life is just too precious to dwell on the little things.  Here’s Maddie Grace, a true role model and soldier.  She has battled cancer six times now and won.  And, her cancer has come back again for the seventh time.  She has never let it change her smile or break her spirit.

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.  Every year more than 91 THOUSAND children die from cancer.  EVERY YEAR.  There has been a 24% increase over the last 40 years, with 16 thousand new cancer cases in 2014 alone.

The National Cancer Institute (NCI) spends 96% of its budget on adult cancers.  That leaves only 4% of its budget being spent on children’s cancers.  These children are worth #MoreThan4.

In 1977, gold was declared the official ribbon color for childhood cancer awareness.  This month, lets all #GoGold and support this cause.  You can help by spreading the word, and educating your friends and family about childhood cancer research.  Also, you can find a family in need and support by offering help, putting together a fundraiser, or donating.

This September, I will #GoGold and you can help. Through the end of the month, I will be donating half of the proceeds from all merchandise and album sales to Maddie Grace.

How do we cure childhood cancer?

Maddie Grace Warrior Princess Quote

 

All facts pulled from GoGoldFund.org